Wisepowder Phosphatidylserine Beneficial For You
Wisepowder phosphatidylserine is a fatty substance produced by human bodies. Its function is to cover and protect every cell present in the body. It also helps in the clotting process. It is also one of the main components involved in keeping the cells healthy. Even though the body produces this chemical, we source most of it from our food items and when regular diets don’t do the job, we need supplements. Earlier, this supplement was made from the cow brain but it is sourced from cabbage and soy.
What are Wisepowder phosphatidylserine’sbenefits?
- ADHD –The combination of phosphatidylserine and omega-3 fatty acid can help in the treatment of ADHD according to a 2012 study published in European Psychiatry. In this study, 200 children suffering from ADHD were given fifteen weeks of treatment with a placebo or the supplement containing this combination. The results of the study revealed that the participants who received the supplement experienced a reduction in the hyperactive or impulsive behaviour and their moods improved significantly. The auditory memory also improved in the children who took the supplement.
- Alzheimer’s disease –Intake of phosphatidylserine is prescribed for those who are in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. It has been observed that the supplement improves lowers the effects of Alzheimer’s after six to twelve weeks of treatment. However, the supplement becomes redundant over the period. The research on Alzheimer’s is based on the supplement made from the cow brains. There is not much evidence on the effect of the supplement made from the plants on Alzheimer’s.
- Lowers the age-related cognitive decline: According to a study published in the journal – Aging, phosphatidylserine helps in lowering the cognitive decline as the age increases. In this study, 494 elderly participants were suffering from cognitive impairment. It was observed that there were significant improvements in the behavioural and cognitive parameters after 3 and 6 months respectively.
- Depression – Omega-3 deficiency can lead to decreased blood flow to the brain. This reduction in blood flow can cause a whopping 35 per cent decrease in PS levels of the brain. This supplement will help in increasing the reduced PS levels and thus alleviating the depression. It also affects the levels of neurotransmitters connected with mood.
Possible Side Effects:
- Wisepowder phosphatidylserine is safe enough to be consumed up to three months provided it is taken in the prescribed amount. However, it can cause insomnia and an upset stomach.
- It is a blood-thinning agent. Therefore, the patients who are already taking blood-thinning medications must consult their doctor before taking this supplement. It can also interact with several medicines that are taken for glaucoma and antidepressants.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers must avoid this supplement.
It is mandatory to examine one’s medical history thoroughly before taking the supplement like wisepowder L-threonate to avoid any major side effect.